What To Expect
Incision: mid-chest with incisions of one or both legs for bypass graft harvest
For All Surgeries
- Please call our office at 4:30pm the day prior to your procedure to obtain your arrival time for the nexdt day. For Monday procedures, please call on the Friday prior to your procedure.
- You will have a pre-op appointment in outpatient services that will include preop teaching as well as lab work
LHH or CMC
- You will arrive at your respective hospital for pre-op teaching & lab work as determined by our office. Please call our office to obtain that time
- Pain medication will be prescribed.
- Wound care consist of soap & water in the shower every day.
- Poor appetite for approximately 3 weeks.
- Walk daily several times for exercise.
- Leg edema – use elevation to treat
- For internal mammary artery harvesting – pain along the left breast area.
- Restrictions of activity – primarily no lifting over ten pounds. May drive after app. 3 weeks if not using narcotics.